Mahi’ai Kalo Summer Program
K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12, Post-high / College
click on the image to enlarge
Learners outcomes include the following:
1) Able to implement the roles and responsibilities related to mahiʻai kalo, which includes: weeding, mulching, watering, to planting, and harvesting kalo and lau.
2) Ability to prepare harvested kalo, which includes cook and clean, and clean lau for consumption.
3) Capable to kuʻi kalo, and prepare laulau.
4) Provide food to family and community through mahiʻai process.
5) Competent to present hoʻolauna and moʻokūʻauhau from memory.
6) Prepared to present and ʻoli komo specific to Kumano, to welcome visiting groups to the farm. Also skilled to hoʻomaka each day with oli.